Gary M. Raska, DMD, FACS
Oral Surgeon in Sarasota FL
Meet Dr. Raska
Dr. Raska is Board Certified (Diplomate) through the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He recently received the honor of being welcomed as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is licensed in Florida in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and General Anesthesia.
Dr. Raska is an active member of professional societies such as the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Raska additionally supports and leads team members of the Sarasota Memorial Hospital Oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Team and is the Director of the International Team for Implantology Club of Sarasota.
Dr. Raska is supported by his highly skilled team and enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, cooking, and fishing. He loves our community and has been a big supporter of many local high schools and international charities.
Dr. Raska earned his dental degree and completed a residency in Advanced Education in General Dentistry from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, IL. He also fulfilled a Fellowship in Implant Dentistry from Southern Illinois University.
Dr. Raska completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL. To further his studies, Dr. Raska accomplished an extensive Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with an emphasis in trauma, reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, MO.
Areas Of Expertise
- Dental Extractions including Wisdom Teeth
- Dental Implants (Computer & CAD/CAM guided dental reconstruction including iTero laser impression system, All-on-4, Teeth-in-an-hour)
- Non-surgical & surgical management of TMJ / facial pain including arthroplasty, total joint
reconstruction, and in-office arthrocentesis.
- Dental / Facial Trauma & Facial Reconstruction (defects from trauma, tumor, and surgery)
- Fully Computer Guided Orthognathic Surgery (including in-office surgically-assisted rapid palatal expansion)
- Bone grafting (Minor and Complex including hip and tibial harvesting, Platelet-rich plasma, sinus-lifting)
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Soft Tissue grafting (gingival & periodontal defects)
- Pre-Prosthetic Surgery (vestibuloplasty, tori removal, alveoloplasty)
- Pediatric Oral surgery (bicuspid removal, exposure and bonding of teeth)
- Orthodontic anchorage
- Maxillofacial infections
- Facial Trauma (hard tissue injuries including fractures of the mandible, maxilla, orbit, zygoma, nose and frontal sinus. All soft tissue injuries)
- Oral & Facial Pathology
- Oral, IV, and General Anesthesia
- Oral Medicine (dental management of the medically compromised patient)
- Cosmetic facial surgery (Botox, Dermal fillers, eyelid surgery, nasal surgery, forehead surgery, ear surgery)
- Surgical & non-surgical management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (oral appliances, turbinectomy & rhinoplasty, bi-maxillary advancement surgery, mylohyoid suspension)
- Distraction osteogenesis (alveolar & skeletal)
- Facial implants for maxillofacial prosthetic reconstruction
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- West Coast District Dental Association
Active Staff Privileges:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital of Sarasota